VFE Electrical Engineers assist in a multi-disciplined approach to the fire investigative process addressing complex technical issues and employing accepted methodology.
- Electrical Shock / Electrocution
- Electronics Analysis
- Equipment Failure
- Appliance Evaluation
- Switchboard / Power Distribution
- Utility Distribution and Transmission Analysis
- Vehicle Fire Analysis
- Lightning Damage Evaluation
VFE Mechanical Engineers routinely investigate commercial equipment (boilers, machinery, HVAC) and vehicle (truck, bus, automobile, heavy equipment) matters.
- Machine Failure / Accident / Fire
- Vehicle Matters
- Vehicle Inspection
- Water Loss / Damage
- Fuel Gas System Analysis
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Combining state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment with the vast experience of our fire-certified engineers, we interpret the evidence to expose root causes of fire protection system failure. Investigations are managed with the highest level of accuracy, speed and professionalism.
- Wet and Dry Fire Sprinkler Discharges and Leaks
- Restaurant Kitchen “Ansul” Suppression Systems
- Smoke Movement and Smoke Detector Placement
- Storage of Combustible Materials
- Building / Fire / Life Safety Code Compliance
Our engineers provide unbiased second opinions for manufacturers, attorneys, and other clients.
- Analyze and test failure scenarios
- Set up and test electrical/mechanical devices
- Confidential analysis of differing expert opinions and/or reports
- Design and build physical models to evaluation conceptual ideas
Our laboratory is used to perform exhaustive testing and analysis. Call us today at 936.756.2201 to schedule your next exam.
- BRAND NEW Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- High Resolution Photography and Video
- Stereo Microscopy
- Real-Time Radiography (X-ray)
- Gas and Electrical Appliance Testing
- 10,000 Pound Vehicle Lift
- Circuit Breaker Testing
- Certified Evidence Collection Technician (IAAI-ECT)
- Infrared Imaging System (FLIR) with high temperature maximum of 2195 degrees F.